Arrival by car
Those travelling by car will find us easily. From the Munich-Vienna highway A1, get off the exit Salzburg-Nord, direction to Salzburg. Automatically you will get to Vogelweiderstraße, where you will find us at the left side at the crossing with Breitenfelderstraße.
There are five private parking lots around the house that you are welcome to use free of charge. Should all of them be occupied when you arrive, you may also park in the short-term parking zone in the near surroundings. It is free of charge, but parking is limited to three hours during the day (no limits from 7pm to 9am and on weekends). At the very end of Breitenfelderstraße, in approx. 100m distance, there are also unlimited parking spots.
Information for tour busses / coaches:
We don’t have any space for a big bus, we are sorry. We do have five spots for cars, but not for a coach.
For coaches we recommend bus parking NORD. There you have access to the public bus line 21, with the stop named “Grüner Baum”. From there you can travel directly to our place within a few minutes, our stop is named “Breitenfelderstraße”.
In Salzburg there are several rules for tour busses / coaches. All you need to know you can find at https://www.salzburg.info/en/b2b/group-manual/bus.
Arrival from main station by foot
We can be reached from the train station in ten minutes on foot.
- Having arrived in Salzburg, do NOT walk out of the train station though the main hall (so NOT towards “Südtiroler Platz”). Instead, please follow the signs pointing to “Schallmoos”, leading you through the underground passage and to the East exit of the train station.
- At the end of the underground passage please use the stairs to the left (of course you may also use the elevator), leading to the street named “Lastenstraße”.
- Please cross the street, walk a few meters to the left and then turn right, into the car park of a 6-storied apartment building in pale red.
- Please cross the parking lot (past the barrier for cars). After the parking lot, please cross the street and follow the street straight ahead named “Breitenfelderstraße”.
- You will arrive at another small crossing. Please continue straight ahead, still following “Breitenfelderstraße”, past the “Bikepalast” bike shop and “Norma” supermarket. At the next crossing with traffic lights you find Pension Elisabeth!
- To make the pedestrian light turn green, please push the button.
- There you are, finally arrived at Pension Elisabeth!
Arrival from main station by bus
Taking a bus from the train station to Pension Elisabeth is a bit more complicated than walking and takes about 30 minutes. Here are the directions: Exit the station through the main hall, following the signs pointing to “Südtiroler Platz”. You arrive at a square with many bus stops. On the left side of the square you find bus terminal B and C. There are the stops for all busses which bring you to the city centre (buses number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 25). You can take any of these busses and in any case get off at the third stop (“Mirabellplatz”). If you took bus number 1, 3, 5, 6 or 25 you have to cross the street at Mirabellplatz, to arrive at the shop named “Gollhofer”, at the angle of the street “Paris-Lodron-Straße”. There is the bus stop for busses number 2, 4, 21 and 22. If you took bus number 2 from the train station and got off at Mirabellplatz, you will be at the correct stop already. From this stop in front of the shop “Gollhofer” you have to take bus number 21. Get off at the fifth stop, “Breitenfelderstrasse”. When you get off the bus, you go to the crossroads with the traffic lights (30 meters), and there we are!
Alternatively you can take the regional bus 120 directed to “Mattsee” at the bus terminal A. This bus goes directly to Pension Elisabeth. You can buy a ticket from the bus driver for 2 Euro. Your bus stop is “Breitenfelderstrasse”. Please consider that this bus goes less frequently than the city busses.
A taxi ride from the train station to Pension Elisabeth will cost about 8 Euro, depending on the traffic. You will find several taxis waiting in front of the train station on “Südtiroler Platz” at all times, next to the rightmost exit of the main hall.
Arrival from the airport
Buy a bus ticket at the tobacconist inside the airport (at terminal 1, at the hall with the check-in counters). Take bus number 2. The bus stop is in front of the main entrance of the airport, the display on the front of the bus says “2” and “Obergnigl”.
1) Either you stay in bus number 2 until the stop “Vogelweiderstrasse”, get off and walk from there to us (about 7 minutes). When you leave the bus you have to walk back a few meters to the last traffic light the bus has passed. At this crossing you have to turn right. Just follow the street until the next traffic light (this is already the Vogelweiderstrasse where we are located). Here we are, number 52, not hard to find.
2) Or you change the bus in the centre at the stop “Mirabellplatz” and take bus 21 from the same stop. The 21 bus brings you directly to us. Stop “Breitenfelderstrasse”. We are at the crossing with traffic light. Maybe at night it is hard to change the bus without a long waiting time (during the day just a few minutes). The total travel time would be about 40-50 minutes.
Connection to the old town
It takes about half an hour to the old town by foot. By bus or by car the city center is reachable within 10 minutes.
Within 15 minutes by foot you can get to the pedestrian area of the ‘right old town’ including the must-see ‘Linzergasse’. It ends with the ‘Platzl’ called square at the bridge ‘Staatsbrücke’ which connects the right and the left old town. It takes another 15 minutes to reach the center of the right part (i.e. the cathedral).
The bus ride to the center takes about 10 minutes, the bus stop is opposite to Pension Elisabeth about 30 m away.
On weekdays this bus (nr. 21) runs every 15 minutes, in the evening and during the weekend every 30 minutes till about 11 p.m.
The ride to the center by car takes about 5 to 15 minutes. As the whole old town is a pedestrian area, you’re well advised to park at garages (about 2-2.6 € per hour) or at the short-term parking zones at the edge of the old town.
There are price-worthy 24 hour tickets for all means of public transport. These tickets are cheapest if you buy them at the small tobacconists or here at Pension Elisabeth, where they cost € 4,00 per ticket.
Though is possible to buy tickets directly from the bus driver when boarding a bus, it is much more expensive than buying tickets in advance.
Of course there are also single-tickets, available at tobacconists in packages of 5 or at Pension Elisabeth sold individually. Weekly and monthly tickets as well as family and group tickets are only available at tobacconists and at the ticket counter at the “Lokalbahnhof” (on the underground level of the main train station). ticket overview
There is a tobacconist near to Pension Elisabeth, as well as another three at the main station and one inside the airport.
Alternatively you can purchase a SalzburgCARD, which grants you free entry to most sights and museums as well as the use of public transport during the period of validity (24, 48 or 72 hours). The SalzburgCARD can be bought at the reception.
The airport, the fair grounds and the shopping center ‘Europark’ are reachable via the motorway within a few minutes. Via the Vogelweiderstraße you can arrive at the fashion wholesale center (MGC) within a few minutes too.
You can also go to the fair grounds by a shuttle bus, which departs at the main station.
Events and congresses
Numerous seminar locations are close to Pension Elisabeth: Hotel Mercure (5 min), WIFI (Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut) (10 min), Hotel Renaissance (15 min), Kongresshaus (15 min).